Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Joseph Meehan

Default Another garage door question

montana wildhack wrote:
We have determined that our old wood garage doors need to be replaced.
There's a good local place to buy new doors, but before we have to
listen to some salesman, I thought perhaps I could gather some wisdom
here.

We live in NE Ohio, so we get a lot of snow, a good amount of rain,
very strong wind and very hot, humid summers. The garage is old (the
house is 1929), detatched, unheated, brick and cinderblock-ish. We
don't have any kids to run into the door as they learn to drive.

We want to have good doors with windows that will last a long time
(but not cost a fortune). I'm reading up on the materials used, but
honestly, I don't know what really fits our needs. We don't have any
preferences, but we don't want cheap, ugly, curse ourselves (and the
salesman) later for being dopes doors.

Have you any experience and wisdom to share with me?

Based on personal experience I would choose a good quality metal door.
That generally means insulated.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit