DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Enamel Kitchen Sink (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/103173-enamel-kitchen-sink.html)

pkmicro April 12th 05 10:11 AM

Enamel Kitchen Sink

Hi All,

My 15 years old Enamel Kitchen Sink has a scratch caused by the sink
protector.
Is there any kind of paint I can use to paint the white enamel sink to
restore it?

Joseph Meehan April 12th 05 11:06 AM

pkmicro wrote:
Hi All,

My 15 years old Enamel Kitchen Sink has a scratch caused by the sink
protector.
Is there any kind of paint I can use to paint the white enamel sink to
restore it?

A special paint is made for this use in baths, but frankly I doubt if it
would hold up long in a kitchen sink. Are you sure the original is enamel
and not porcelain?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

RicodJour April 12th 05 03:29 PM

pkmicro wrote:

My 15 years old Enamel Kitchen Sink has a scratch caused by the sink
protector.
Is there any kind of paint I can use to paint the white enamel sink

restore it?

The sink protector damaged the sink...

Home Depot will have the little bottles of touch-up paint for porcelain
sinks/tubs. I doubt that will stand up to your sink "protector" any
better. May be time for a new one.