Platebanger

Default Fridge not getting cold.

Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is find but
the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to the
coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on what to
look for ?

Thanks
Dick

Edwin Pawlowski

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is find but
the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to the
coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on what to
look for ?

Could be the evaporator fan not working. Could be others.

Check out www.repairclinic.com for some troubleshooting help.

Joseph Meehan

Platebanger wrote:
Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is
find but the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried
setting it to the coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no
luck. Any idears on what to look for ?

Thanks
Dick

Assuming that it was working normally until recently and no changes have
been make, I would suggest using up as much as possible and storing the rest
of the food in friends and neighbor's friges. Then un-plug it for a couple
of days allowing everything to reach room temperature and that the drain for
the frost water is clear.

Then try turning it back on and see what happens. If it works and
continues to work, great. If it works for a while and then goes back, you
need the tech. It is freezing up inside.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

Appliance Repair Aid

Platebanger wrote:
Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is

find but
the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to

the
coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on

what to
look for ?

Thanks
Dick

Hi,

Fridge not getting cold

Make, model#, approx age, frost free??

Some simple things to check for...
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Stormin Mormon

Best thing to look for is air flow from the freezer to the fridge section.

Let us know what you find. Would you like some advice on fixing it?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Platebanger" wrote in message
Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is find but
the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to the
coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on what to
look for ?

Thanks
Dick

Frank J Warner

In article OKr6e.11197$Xm3.9746@trndny01, Platebanger
wrote:

Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is find but
the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to the
coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on what to
look for ?

Been there, done that. Just last month. Same exact symptoms.

It was a loose connection to the compressor fan on a four-month-old GE.
Sears fixed it for free under warranty. If you can find the fan, see if
it runs. If not, trace its wires and see if all the connections are
good. If so, replace fan.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:
ktech

Try a real good defrost. Pull the plug ,open the door(be sure you provide
for the food in a refrig) let the unit completely drain overnight. If you
can find it replace the very cheap defrost timer switch. I had same problem.
Unit wouldn't defrost and it choked itself off in the fridge section.
Good luck
Ktech
news:110420051622269009%warnerf@veriSPAMMERSDIEzon .net...
wrote:

Hi Folks, My daughters fridge is not getting cold. The freezer is find

but
the lower fridge just doesn't get cold enough. We tried setting it to

the
coldest setting and waiting 24 hours, Still no luck. Any idears on what

look for ?

Been there, done that. Just last month. Same exact symptoms.

It was a loose connection to the compressor fan on a four-month-old GE.
Sears fixed it for free under warranty. If you can find the fan, see if
it runs. If not, trace its wires and see if all the connections are
good. If so, replace fan.

-Frank

--
fwarner1-at-franksknives-dot-com
Here's some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com/

Fridge won't work... Harry Bloomfield UK diy 0 January 7th 05 05:51 PM
Built in fridge problem Peter UK diy 2 December 1st 04 04:25 PM
fridge not cold ... Stormin Mormon Home Repair 2 September 12th 04 05:49 AM
Fridge freezer annoyance Craig Graham UK diy 2 March 23rd 04 10:12 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM