Default Basement Finishing Advice needed

Hi there, I have a question about basement finishing. The link below
has my questions and also floor plans to explain fully what I mean. I
hope somebody can give me some insight!

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~mlance/basement.htm

John Grabowski

Since you already have a drawing and some ideas, I suggest that you take
them down to your town's building department and see what they say. They
are the people who will have final say as to whether or not it is
permissible.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there, I have a question about basement finishing. The link below
has my questions and also floor plans to explain fully what I mean. I
hope somebody can give me some insight!

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~mlance/basement.htm

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there, I have a question about basement finishing. The link below
has my questions and also floor plans to explain fully what I mean. I
hope somebody can give me some insight!

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~mlance/basement.htm

Apartment as in "someone lives here"? I don't see the windows and points of
egress aside from one door. That may not meet building code for a space
with sleeping quarters. If it is considered a separate residence, zoning can
be an issue.

Crowding utilities is not a good idea. They must have proper ventilation,
room to work around, proper clearances to the walls. Not knowing what you
have no one can say for sure if they can be moved. Not seeing the rest of
the structure, no one can say if the furnace can be easily moved due to the
ducting.

Question two is a yes with reservations. Where is the drain? You can
probably use the drain for the tub on the plan.

Question 3
Again, where is the drain? It is fairly easy to run water lines to it, but
drains are more difficult. Same with power for the dryer as it will need a
220 line. Does service have accommodations for this dryer as well as the
main household? If it gets very cold in that area it is not a good idea.

Cost:
Minimum about $1500, but easily $4000 or more depending on your
specifications and a lot of things not shown on the plans.