JB

Default Concrete Slab Expansion Joints

I'm expanding my concrete patio area with a 10' X 10' square slab. 2 of
the side butt up against the original concrete slabs. The third side
butts against the back wall of my garage which is brick and the 4th side
butts up against soil. I have dug it out and laid in gravel.
Question. What, if anything, is used for expansion between the new slab
and the old concrete as well as the new slab and the brick wall?
Thanks for your help.
Backlash

Expansion strips for this purpose are available from the building supply.
Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
If you use construction adhesive, along with a few Tapcon screws and
large diameter fender washers, you can mount it to the garage wall at the
proper height and use it to screed the concrete to the proper pour height
and slope. I did this to a carport add-on last year and it worked really
well.

RJ

Concrete expansion joints Dave UK diy 3 May 3rd 04 09:57 PM
Anchoring concrete block row and base plate to existing porch slab? Stellijer Home Repair 5 March 31st 04 04:51 AM
Vapor Barrior under Concrete Slab?? Steve Home Repair 4 November 10th 03 04:55 PM
Concrete over broken concrete slab? Zen Cohen Home Repair 1 September 3rd 03 11:33 AM
Concrete slab advice John UK diy 12 July 11th 03 10:55 AM