Robert11

Default I need ideas for a support bearing for a spinning table.

Hi,

Any of the ball bearings types that one normally thinks of are called "deep
groove" bearings.

They will take a load downward (axial), as well as sideways; usually pretty
substantial in each direction.

Try a company like Bearing Specialties, etc.

Bob
----------

"Jack R" wrote in message

I need to spin a 24 inch round table at about 150 RPM several hours a day.
The motor will drive a belt going around just under the table at a
circumference
that allows the slow speed.
What I can't find is a lazy susan or bearing that I can attach under the
spinning table and to the top of my work stand.
Because the motor is driving the table it is also pulling it sideways so a
standard lazy susan bearing might not work as they are designed for force
downward, not sideways.

Any thoughts.

Goedjn

I need to spin a 24 inch round table at about 150 RPM several hours a day.
The motor will drive a belt going around just under the table at a
circumference
that allows the slow speed.
What I can't find is a lazy susan or bearing that I can attach under the
spinning table and to the top of my work stand.
Because the motor is driving the table it is also pulling it sideways so a
standard lazy susan bearing might not work as they are designed for force
downward, not sideways.

Drive the table with a rubber wheel at the edge, and put one or more
idler wheels across from the drive wheel. What's this for,
pottery?