Robert11

Default Electric Start Lawnmower ?

Hello:

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with electric
start.
Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it,
and HD didn't have any.

How do they work; plug it in like a snowblower (or battery ?) ?

With my bad back, it sure sounds desireable.

Think it's a good investment, or not proven yet technology for lawnmowers ?

Thanks,
Bob

m Ransley

They have been out for at least 35 yrs and work fine. They use a
battery. Many manufacturers have them Lawnboy, Toro etc

Milos

"Robert11" wrote in message
Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with

electric
start. Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it,
and HD didn't have any.

They've been around for years. The ones I've seen use a battery. It is not
an unproven technology.

Haas

I have a "Yard Machine" by MTD. Got it at Wal Mart about three years ago. So
far so good. It was fairly cheap $250.
Self propelled, 21" cut, with battery start.
"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with
electric start.
Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it,
and HD didn't have any.

How do they work; plug it in like a snowblower (or battery ?) ?

With my bad back, it sure sounds desireable.

Think it's a good investment, or not proven yet technology for lawnmowers
?

Thanks,
Bob

Brian

It uses a battery, battery needs to be charged.

I owned kenmore self-start and never ever do it again.

New one I bought starts with half pull.

Brian

m Ransley

The motor charges the battery , in winter pull it out

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with

electric
start.
Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it,
and HD didn't have any.

How do they work; plug it in like a snowblower (or battery ?) ?

With my bad back, it sure sounds desireable.

Think it's a good investment, or not proven yet technology for lawnmowers

?

Thanks,
Bob

Lawnboy makes them and have for years......25 or more.
I think the one you are thinking about is the Troy Built model at
Lowes...839E is a key start with a battery.
They USED to offer one that was pushbutton start, it had no battery, and
used a large capacitor to store energy from the mag..
You still had to pull start it the first time of the day tho..

Scott Packard

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with
electric start.
Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Had a Toro electric-start. Sucked.

Get a nice Snapper commercial grade.
I have a bad back too. The pull for the Kawasaki engine
is up at the top of the handle, and a long, slow, consistent pull is
what starts it.

John_B

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with electric
start.
Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it,
and HD didn't have any.

How do they work; plug it in like a snowblower (or battery ?) ?

With my bad back, it sure sounds desireable.

Think it's a good investment, or not proven yet technology for lawnmowers ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have an electric start snow plow which uses 110 volt AC to run
the starter. I bought it about ten years ago.

I use an electric lawnmower so there is no starting issue if the
AC is live.
Michael Dauria

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with electric
start.
Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it,
and HD didn't have any.

How do they work; plug it in like a snowblower (or battery ?) ?

With my bad back, it sure sounds desireable.

Think it's a good investment, or not proven yet technology for lawnmowers ?

Thanks,
Bob

I remember way back when I was a youngest in the 70s. My father had a
toro (I think) lawnmower that was a wind-up start. Kinda weird, there
was a crank on the top of the motor, you would wind it up a bunch of
times and then hit this button. Its was a long time ago and I kinda
remember that it didn't start all that well.