DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bathroom Exhaust (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/102304-re-bathroom-exhaust.html)

twfsa April 6th 05 10:16 PM

Bathroom Exhaust

I just replaced mine from a 50 cfm to 130 cfm vented it to the soffit where
there was a vent, however before I did this I started to notice roofs in the
neighborhood looking for roof vents, can't say that I seen any. Thats not
saying that the soffit is the best.If the roof vent is best, there not that
expensive, why are there not more of them out there.

When I re-roof I'll look where mine is vented to see if there is any mold or
rot.

Tom

"MP" wrote in message
I was wondering if someone could enlighten me. In all that I've read about
bathroom exhausts, most of the time it talks about using the soffit to
exhaust the vapour.

However, I talked to a friend and he said to avoid that, because it builds
moisture under the endge of the roof. I'd be better off with a roof vent.

Could someone please give me some feedback on this?

TIA

RBM April 6th 05 10:30 PM

The manufacturers of every bathroom exhaust fan I've seen, say they must be
exhausted to the outside. You can go through the roof, wall or even soffet,
and there are fittings for each application