DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Deteriorating foam in fuel tank - stalling? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/101883-deteriorating-foam-fuel-tank-stalling.html)

[email protected] April 5th 05 11:30 PM

Deteriorating foam in fuel tank - stalling?

Hi,

My roto-tiller keeps stalling after I start it. I looked in the fuel
tank and the foam is starting to deteriorate with tiny little pieces
floating around. Could these particles be clogging the fuel line? Why
do I need any foam in the fuel tank anyway?

Briggs & Stratton 5 hp Sears roto-tiller.

Thanks,

Peter

Joseph Meehan April 6th 05 12:28 AM

wrote:
Hi,

My roto-tiller keeps stalling after I start it. I looked in the fuel
tank and the foam is starting to deteriorate with tiny little pieces
floating around. Could these particles be clogging the fuel line? Why
do I need any foam in the fuel tank anyway?

Briggs & Stratton 5 hp Sears roto-tiller.

Thanks,

Peter

Foam in a fuel tank????

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia's Muire duit

m Ransley April 6th 05 01:04 AM

Now don`t you pour beer in the tank and you wont have any foam.

Edwin Pawlowski April 6th 05 02:45 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

My roto-tiller keeps stalling after I start it. I looked in the fuel
tank and the foam is starting to deteriorate with tiny little pieces
floating around. Could these particles be clogging the fuel line? Why
do I need any foam in the fuel tank anyway?

Briggs & Stratton 5 hp Sears roto-tiller.

Thanks,

Peter

The foam is to reduce aeration and sloshing of the fuel. I understand some
race cars use it. Many years ago we used in in model airplanes with good
results.

Yes, the tiny particles may clog the lines. I don't know how easily it can
be removed/replaced unless there is a way to open the tank or pull it
through the filler.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/