DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tiling Bathroom Floor? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/101453-tiling-bathroom-floor.html)

PaPaPeng April 2nd 05 05:50 AM

Tiling Bathroom Floor?

I plan on rmoving the lino on my bathroom flor and replace it with
ceramic tile. The question is on what to do with the toilet bowl base
area. Do I cut the tile to fit the toilet bowl base or do I remove
the bowl and tile it right up to the drain pipe. If I tile it to the
drain pipe do I have to remove the toilet flange and tile it to the
drain pipe or do I just tile it to the flange rim. Thanks.

G Henslee April 2nd 05 02:23 PM

PaPaPeng wrote:
I plan on rmoving the lino on my bathroom flor and replace it with
ceramic tile. The question is on what to do with the toilet bowl base
area. Do I cut the tile to fit the toilet bowl base or do I remove
the bowl and tile it right up to the drain pipe. If I tile it to the
drain pipe do I have to remove the toilet flange and tile it to the
drain pipe or do I just tile it to the flange rim. Thanks.

PapaPeng,

You should remove the toilet and tile up to the flange, re-setting the
toilet upon completion. You may want to consider installing the tile
over the linoleum. It's done quite often these days. Use a thinset
mortar setting product that has latex additive in it.