DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   experience with brand-name installers? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/97116-experience-brand-name-installers.html)

[email protected] March 30th 05 06:56 PM

experience with brand-name installers?

I'm a reporter with a national newspaper, and I'm doing a story on the
design and installation services of big retailers like Lowe's, Expo,
IKEA and Ace Hardware, as well as national remodeling franchises. If
anyone has had experience installing anything with these companies, and
is willing to talk to me, please reply to me directly. Thanks!

v March 30th 05 09:52 PM

On 30 Mar 2005 09:56:47 -0800, someone wrote:

I'm a reporter with a national newspaper,

Then why do you post from a g.mail account and not with your own name
from your corporate domain name, like or
something?

[email protected] March 31st 05 01:15 PM

With an account like I'll guess you're a
competitior to Lowe's, etc.

I'll tell you one thing, those people who design your cabinet layout at
Lowe's must be on quite a commission. We went to Lowe's and started
the cabinet layout and purchasing process but didn't have time to
finish; the designer saved the layout we'd started and said we could
come back to continue.

We went back a couple weeks later and talked to a different Lowe's
employee, and said we wanted to pick back up with our kitchen plans.
This guy said they have no record we'd ever been there, Lowe's had no
employee who fit the description of the first designer we talked to,
etc. Sheesh.