DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need ideas on grouting bathtub (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/96933-need-ideas-grouting-bathtub.html)

[email protected] March 29th 05 02:18 AM

Need ideas on grouting bathtub

Hi,

I need ideas! I am toyinh with a new bathtub design that requires
assembling the bathtub out of marble type veneers over a base of
staineless steel. The veneers can either be butted together or spaced
and grouted.

The problem is that I have been talking to the city of Miami and
although they are enthusiastic abt the idea, they are worried abt the
problem of mold / bacteria that can form in the grout. So, the question
is - is there any grout / caulking / silicone treatment that can be
used that does not be a potential bacteria hazard?

Note: The grouting is for seams "inside" the bathtub, not around it.
Just imagine a cardboard box folded to form a bathtub.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

- V