DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ceiling Fan Install (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/95465-ceiling-fan-install.html)

Michael Shoemaker March 17th 05 12:58 PM

Ceiling Fan Install

Hello, I would like to install 2 ceiling fans in 2 bedrooms in my
house. Currently there are no electrical outlets in the ceiling so
wiring must be created for these 2 fans. I have attempted to try to get
estimates for what this work would cost from a licensed electrician but
so far, 4 electricians want to charge me a "trip" fee of anywhere from
40$-75$ just to give an estimate. Of course if let them do the work,
the fee is waived. This worrys me as I am clueless about electrical
work and would like to be somewhat prepared and protected against an
electrician taking advantage of me. Can anyone give me a rough,
ballpark example of what I can expect to pay for 2 ceiling fans to be
installed along with the appropriate electrical connections in the
ceiling. I do understand that this is probably not so cheap and I am
more than willing to pay somebody for quality work, however i feel that
i would be more willing to accept a quote knowing it will cost me 40$ -
75$ if i dont like the price. What I am looking for is a base, very
rough, estimate for a normal installation. I understand my situation
could be different than a normal situation, but i'd at least like a
starting point so I dont get taken advantage of.

Thanks!

Jeffrey March 18th 05 03:23 AM

In article .com,
"Michael Shoemaker" wrote:

What I am looking for is a base, very
rough, estimate for a normal installation. I understand my situation
could be different than a normal situation, but i'd at least like a
starting point so I dont get taken advantage of.

Just had an electrician installed 2 external garage lanterns for $250
(labor only). I bought the parts which included conduit, cable,
electrical boxes, etc. It took him 2 hours so I figure labor costs me
$125/hour.