DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Central air help (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/91388-central-air-help.html)

[email protected] February 16th 05 05:59 AM

Central air help

I am looking at a new central A/C unit for my house. It is hard to
determine which one is best. I no longer look at the manufacturer's
site for information. I just moved into this house which was built 15
months ago. It does have forced air, but no central air. I have looked
at the Trane XL14i and the Lennox HS26. Me and my wife plan to stay in
this house only 5-10 years so I am not looking at the super high
efficiency units since I will never get my money back for the extra
amount I would spend getting these units. So I am looking at getting a
12 or 13 SEER unit. I figure I would not have to spend a lot on money
up front and by the time we sell the house the unit will still be
usable. I am planning to have a York installer quote on my system. I
was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. My house is approx. 2800
sq. ft. It looks like I should be getting a 3.5 ton unit. I live in
Seattle, so the unit will not be used the entire summer.