DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/88973-re-carrier-gas-furnace-ignition-lights-but-nothing-else.html)

Bob Pietrangelo January 30th 05 10:28 PM

Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

This a bimetal sensor, not electronic

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

JB Books wrote:
(IZ) wrote in message

. com...

I have a Carrier Gas Furnace Model #58GS050-2

When I turn the thermostat to Auto or Heat and call for heat, the
electronic ignition clicks, fires up but then nothing afterwards! I
let the pilot stay in this state for 5, 10, 15 minutes but the furnace
never kicks in.

Do I have a faulty solenoid? Again, the pilot lights just fine.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Happy new year (brrrrrr)

-Izik

the problem is a dirty flame sensor. find the metal rod that is in
the pilot flame and sand it clean.

JB Books

Hi,
When sensor gets rusty, it does not work well. Remove it and gently rub
off rust/dirt with fine grade sand paper or emery cloth and reinstall.
Furnace works on sequential logic(step by step), really no brainer.
1. Call for heat.
2. Ignite gas as main valve opens.
3. Sense the flame.
4. After buit-in delay, turn on the fan.
So seems like you're stuck in the step where it should sense the
flame.
Can't you read the error code off the control module? My Carrier
Weathermatic gives off error code by way of blinking LED on control
module.
HNY,
Tony
Tony

Bob Pietrangelo January 30th 05 10:41 PM

Now its obvious that you are clueless, or else you would have thrown in
Tempstar and Payne, since ICP is the company that owns them all....and

just
tell me what in hell is gonna happen when someone takes your advice, has a
pacemaker installed, and the damn things got a spark ignitor with 10,000
volts behind it?

United Technologies is the company that owns CARRIER, Carrier is Bryant,
Payne, and the now defunct Day & Nite. United Technologies also owns Inner
City Products. ICP is Heil, Tempstar, Comfortmaker, and Kenmore.

You make a couple good points through your post , and ruin it at the end
sounding like an idiot.

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com January 30th 05 11:03 PM

An asshole named Mikey aka FTWHD aka JB Books aka 'whatever he feels
like morphing into today' is attempting, lamely, to forge me, by
copying my posting name of many years,

So, be aware - check your headers - and send complaints as his posts
indicate in the AbuseTo header - to USOL.COM, his ISP.

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online
http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free Temperature / Pressure charts for 38 Ref's http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

G. Morgan January 30th 05 11:57 PM

Paul Whined:

An asshole named Mikey aka FTWHD aka JB Books aka 'whatever he feels
like morphing into today' is attempting, lamely, to forge me, by
copying my posting name of many years,

Maybe if you weren't such a major ****ing douchebag, things like that wouldn't
happen, eh?

So, be aware - check your headers

Yeah -- okay.......

Fight your own battles, ****head.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

TURTLE January 31st 05 02:57 AM

wrote in message

This is Turtle.

Paul put the bottle down and go back over to alt.hvac where someone may love
you.

TURTLE

TURTLE January 31st 05 02:59 AM

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Paul Whined:

This is Turtle.

Look G don't get Paul wired up for he is taking a trip without luggage.

TURTLE

TURTLE February 1st 05 06:30 AM

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Paul Whined:

An asshole named Mikey aka FTWHD aka JB Books aka 'whatever he feels
like morphing into today' is attempting, lamely, to forge me, by
copying my posting name of many years,

Maybe if you weren't such a major ****ing douchebag, things like that wouldn't
happen, eh?

So, be aware - check your headers

Yeah -- okay.......

- and send complaints as his posts
indicate in the AbuseTo header - to USOL.COM, his ISP.

Fight your own battles, ****head.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

This is Turtle.

Your suppose to feel sorry for him and try to help him fight off the bad people
tring to hurt his good name. I can't believe you don't feel sorry for poor old
Paul fight these Bad ugly people.

TURTLE