DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Furnace Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/86524-furnace-problem.html)

[email protected] January 15th 05 05:10 PM

Furnace Problem

My furnace not always start up when the thermostat indicates so, it
rarely happens (1-2 times a week). I wake up freezing in the middle of
the night, thermostat says system on (electronic thermostat) but system
is off or only fan is working. "Reboot" furnace and starts fine. HVAC
guys came and found no roblems anywhere, thermostat signal gets to
furnace and this one started normally every time he tested it
unfortunately and he isskeptical to replace parts with no solid
evidence of what it could be.

Any ideas?

Harlen Ng January 15th 05 07:02 PM

wrote:

My furnace not always start up when the thermostat indicates so, it
rarely happens (1-2 times a week). I wake up freezing in the middle of
the night, thermostat says system on (electronic thermostat) but system
is off or only fan is working. "Reboot" furnace and starts fine. HVAC
guys came and found no roblems anywhere, thermostat signal gets to
furnace and this one started normally every time he tested it
unfortunately and he isskeptical to replace parts with no solid
evidence of what it could be.

Any ideas?

I went through 2 Honeywell programmable thermostats and both had troubles.
They either didn't work well (furnace wouldn't come on) or worked too well
(furnace seemed to be always on). The most reliable thermostat I've found
is the simple ones and has a mercury bulb switch. Nothing to wear out.