DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hardi Plank vs Certainteed siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/86125-hardi-plank-vs-certainteed-siding.html)

[email protected] January 13th 05 01:23 PM

Hardi Plank vs Certainteed siding

We are building a home with the cedar home style. However, because of
the higher cost of cedar and maintenance, we are considering using one
of the planks like Hardi Plank or Certainteed. These boards come with
wood grain texture and can be stained or painted to look like wood.
Certainteed even has a plank that comes stained with a 15 year
guarantee and looks almost like cedar. If anyone has experience with
any of these products, I would like to know your experience and degree
of satisfaction with them. We need to make a choice within about a
month.

Canna Service User January 14th 05 07:50 PM

--
I am not sure, but do both (Hardi and Certainteed) need regular maintenance?
Why do you say cedar requires higher maintenance? Just from pure curiosity..

Donglok