Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JaxDawg

Default Adding separate light to ceiling fan circuit...need wiring help

Hello...
On my back porch, I have a ceiling fan (with light) that has a separate
switch for the light and fan. I want to add an additional light to the
porch, and wanted to tie it into to the ceiling fan light - so when I
turn on the light on the ceiling fan, the new light will go on too.
The easiest thing for me to do is tap into the wires in the ceiling
fan... however, I have no idea which ones I should access.
The colors a
Black
White
Red
Green
Blue

Which ones should I add the external light to? or is this a really bad
idea?

Thanks for your help!!!
Randy