DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Garage Door Receivers and Cold Weather (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/83513-garage-door-receivers-cold-weather.html)

Madmax December 28th 04 07:14 PM

Garage Door Receivers and Cold Weather

Anyone know if there is any correlation between the weather and your
receiver picking up a signal from the transmitters ? For about a week,
maybe coincidentally during a cold spell, my garage door transmitters
would only open the door if standing directly under the unit. They
would open my in-laws' door (same model) from the normal distance, but
not mine. So that ruled out a bad battery, which I replaced, or bad
transmitters. The door still opened fine using the button. All of a
sudden, maybe again coincidentally when things warmed up, everything
works fine now. I'm not near any military base nor am under infrared
surveillance (that I know of). Sounds like a bad antenna but just
wondering.

Babbling Brook Photography December 31st 04 02:09 PM

When batteries get cold they lose power and when they warm up they regain
their power. Is it possible the remote (and battery) was cold when you try
yours and by the time you get to your in-laws house the battery warmed
during the car ride? Just a thought.

--
Babbling Brook Photography

oups.com...