DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need help selecting vinyl windows (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/82166-need-help-selecting-vinyl-windows.html)

[email protected] December 18th 04 06:45 PM

Need help selecting vinyl windows

We are building a house that is going to be painted dark brown
outside. We don't like the white vinyl window appearance with that
kind of color. Are the vinyl windows made in dark vinyl colors? If
so, who has them. Home Depot says that their only options are white
and beige.

Another thought, can they be painted and, if so, how?

Don Phillipson December 18th 04 09:09 PM

wrote in message

We are building a house that is going to be painted dark brown
outside. We don't like the white vinyl window appearance with that
kind of color. Are the vinyl windows made in dark vinyl colors? If
so, who has them. Home Depot says that their only options are white
and beige.

Another thought, can they be painted and, if so, how?

2. No, vinyl windows cannot be successfully painted.
1. Most windows are manufactured locally. Look in
the Yellow Pages, locate a few window and door plants
conveniently close, visit them and inspect vinyl colour samples.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs