Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old December 10th 04, 06:00 PM
Posts: n/a
Default Converting ADT systems


I'm very new to home security systems, but the house we
just purchase has ADT installed with motion detectors.
I really don't want to pay to have the service monitored, but
thought it would be neat if we could use the existing
equipement to sound an alarm if triggered. Anyone know
if this is possible or where I could go to find out?

Thanks, Tim

  #2   Report Post  
Old December 10th 04, 06:05 PM
Posts: n/a

If there is already an alarm attached just unplug the phone line and
you should be good to go assuming you know the pass code. You can get
a remote monitor agreement of the internet for about 10.00 per month
with no commitment. I would still have it monitored if you can afford

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a computer system for your nuclear program? Gunner Metalworking 42 December 28th 04 11:58 PM
National standards for waste/soil/drainage systems Stanley Spanner UK diy 0 March 12th 04 05:07 PM
Bowl Saving: A Comprehensive Discussion Ray Sandusky Woodturning 8 August 3rd 03 05:05 PM
ITT Power Systems Linear Switcher for VME Chassis Don Electronics Repair 1 August 2nd 03 04:58 PM

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"


Copyright © 2017