DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Converting ADT systems (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/80930-converting-adt-systems.html)

papakee December 10th 04 05:00 PM

Converting ADT systems

Hi,

I'm very new to home security systems, but the house we
just purchase has ADT installed with motion detectors.
I really don't want to pay to have the service monitored, but
thought it would be neat if we could use the existing
equipement to sound an alarm if triggered. Anyone know
if this is possible or where I could go to find out?

Thanks, Tim

[email protected] December 10th 04 05:05 PM

If there is already an alarm attached just unplug the phone line and
you should be good to go assuming you know the pass code. You can get
a remote monitor agreement of the internet for about 10.00 per month
with no commitment. I would still have it monitored if you can afford
it.