DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wiring question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/80894-wiring-question.html)

[email protected] December 10th 04 02:33 AM

wiring question

HI

I just moved into a 100 year old house. It has some knew wiring some
old.

In the kitchen I found a double gang switch box with one switch not
doing anything. I took the cover off. One switch is a 3 way. The
other switch has no wires attached. There are 4 sets of wire running
into the box. One set for the working switch. The other 3 sets are 2
plus grnd. The are all wired together blacks whites grounds. They
appear to be hot. They are not 3 way wires. Can anyone suggest what
these might be doing? Why they would have done this?

Thanks

Steve