DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Synthetic Stucco Repair (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/79285-synthetic-stucco-repair.html)

Mat November 30th 04 02:54 AM

Synthetic Stucco Repair

Hi,
I'm in the process of buying a house, which is 15 years old and has
Synthetic Stucco on it. During the moisture inspection we found that
there are 6 to 10 places in the wall that has more than average
moisture content in it. The inspector told me that further inspection
must be done to find the actual damage to the walls.
Now what're my options?
Is it good to change the entire synthetic stucco to hard stucco? Or
replace with Venial siding?
What other inspection process I need to do to find the actual damage?
Is it good idea to replace only the damaged portion of it? How can I
be ensured that the moisture won't occur in the future?

Thanks for your time

-Nand

Rich Greenberg December 1st 04 01:02 AM

In article ,
Mat wrote:
Hi,
I'm in the process of buying a house, which is 15 years old and has
Synthetic Stucco on it. During the moisture inspection we found that
there are 6 to 10 places in the wall that has more than average
moisture content in it. The inspector told me that further inspection
must be done to find the actual damage to the walls.
Now what're my options?
Is it good to change the entire synthetic stucco to hard stucco? Or
replace with Venial siding?
What other inspection process I need to do to find the actual damage?
Is it good idea to replace only the damaged portion of it? How can I
be ensured that the moisture won't occur in the future?

Run, do not walk away from this house. It will become a money pit.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67