DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Duel bathroom shower (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/79033-duel-bathroom-shower.html)

Holly November 27th 04 11:55 PM

Duel bathroom shower

Is there a shower which can be switched from running off the hot water
tank in the winter months to an electric system in the summer?

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. November 28th 04 12:27 AM

(Holly) wrote:

Is there a shower which can be switched from running off the hot water
tank in the winter months to an electric system in the summer?

Well sure, but you will need some custom plumbing. Presumably you would switch
the whole house over, not just a shower. All it would take is an electric water
heater in the vicinity of the boiler and some valves to switch the house supply
over.

v November 29th 04 07:07 PM

On 27 Nov 2004 15:55:47 -0800, someone wrote:

Is there a shower which can be switched from running off the hot water
tank in the winter months to an electric system in the summer?

There is if you pipe it that way. You could do it with most ANY
shower, not just some particular brand or model.

OTOH, NO, if you mean you intend to go to HD and say "please give me a
dual shower" and they hand you some box over the counter. I am not
aware of a pre-fab 'cutover system in a box', I'd think you just turn
one heater off and the other on, along with the appropriate valves,
each season.

-v.