DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How do you remove minor scratches from a fridge? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/62979-how-do-you-remove-minor-scratches-fridge.html)

Steve Gibbs May 16th 04 08:56 AM

How do you remove minor scratches from a fridge?

Our lovely white fridge has some minor scratches. I'm wondering what kind
of polish would remove them without making it worse.

Cheers.

Rich Greenberg May 16th 04 07:03 PM

How do you remove minor scratches from a fridge?

In article ,
Steve Gibbs wrote:
Our lovely white fridge has some minor scratches. I'm wondering what kind
of polish would remove them without making it worse.

At a local hardware or appliance store you should be able to get some
white touchup paint intended for exactly that repair. The bottle I
have is labeled "Porcelain touch-up".

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

Steve Gibbs May 16th 04 09:17 PM

How do you remove minor scratches from a fridge?

Thanks for the tip, but I think touch-up paint might be overkill. The
scratches are only surface scratches caused by an abraisive cloth.

"Rich Greenberg" wrote in message
In article ,
Steve Gibbs wrote:
Our lovely white fridge has some minor scratches. I'm wondering what

kind
of polish would remove them without making it worse.

At a local hardware or appliance store you should be able to get some
white touchup paint intended for exactly that repair. The bottle I
have is labeled "Porcelain touch-up".

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321

6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since

CP-67
Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, husky

Owner:Chinook-L
Atlanta Siberian Husky Rescue. www.panix.com/~richgr/ Asst

Owner:Sibernet-L

May 18th 04 05:10 PM

How do you remove minor scratches from a fridge?

Steve:

Any auto polish should work - something like a "light scratch remover"
from Meguiar's, for example. Available at any auto parts store,
and costs ~ $8....

Sandi

JD May 20th 04 09:50 AM

Steve Gibbs wrote in message
Our lovely white fridge has some minor scratches. I'm wondering what kind
of polish would remove them without making it worse.

Cheers.

You cover them with magnets.