Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Greg

Default Harris-Tarkett Vanguard Tap Tight Flooring...

Hi all -

I'm thinking about installing (maybe DIY, not sure) Harris-Tarkett
Vanguard Tap Tight Longstrip Flooring on a concrete slab foundation.
It floats and is pre glued, it activates when you tap it together.

Practically nothing on Google about it, anybody have any experience with
this?

If you have one in North Texas and would let me walk on it, I'd be
willing to trade a dinner in return. I'd really like to see one in the
wild before buying.

Thanks - Greg
Art

I would not go with a glue floor. Use a snap toghether floor that can be
unsnapped and re-snapped as much as you want like Mannington (some limit to
1 or 3 snaps.... I would not get them). THey are more moisture proof then
the glue floor because the moisture resistence is applied without relying on
glue and if a panel gets damaged (it does happen when an electrician drops
part of a ceiling fan from the top of his ladder) repairs are a "snap".

"Greg" wrote in message
Hi all -

I'm thinking about installing (maybe DIY, not sure) Harris-Tarkett
Vanguard Tap Tight Longstrip Flooring on a concrete slab foundation.
It floats and is pre glued, it activates when you tap it together.

Practically nothing on Google about it, anybody have any experience with
this?

If you have one in North Texas and would let me walk on it, I'd be
willing to trade a dinner in return. I'd really like to see one in the
wild before buying.

Thanks - Greg

Chris Hill

On Sun, 09 May 2004 16:50:22 GMT, Greg wrote:

Hi all -

I'm thinking about installing (maybe DIY, not sure) Harris-Tarkett
Vanguard Tap Tight Longstrip Flooring on a concrete slab foundation.
It floats and is pre glued, it activates when you tap it together.

Practically nothing on Google about it, anybody have any experience with
this?

What happens if you damage a piece in the middle. If you have lock
together flooring there shouldn't be any need for glue.
Steve B.

On Sun, 09 May 2004 16:50:22 GMT, Greg wrote:

Hi all -

I'm thinking about installing (maybe DIY, not sure) Harris-Tarkett
Vanguard Tap Tight Longstrip Flooring on a concrete slab foundation.
It floats and is pre glued, it activates when you tap it together.

I would find a nice snap together instead if you are going to do it
yourself. The pre glues stuff is getting there, but in my opinion
isn't quite where it needs to be yet.

With the snap together if you make a mistake or don't get the boards
as close as they should be then you can easily unsnap and try again.

Steve B.
Greg

Steve B. wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2004 16:50:22 GMT, Greg wrote:

Hi all -

I'm thinking about installing (maybe DIY, not sure) Harris-Tarkett
Vanguard Tap Tight Longstrip Flooring on a concrete slab foundation.
It floats and is pre glued, it activates when you tap it together.

I would find a nice snap together instead if you are going to do it
yourself. The pre glues stuff is getting there, but in my opinion
isn't quite where it needs to be yet.

With the snap together if you make a mistake or don't get the boards
as close as they should be then you can easily unsnap and try again.

Steve B.

Good points all, we have some snap together in one room, I'm going to
revisit that idea.

Any direct experience out there with the HT Tap Tight?

Thanks Again...

Greg

MsMac

I have use the Tap tight flooring and so far I LOVE it. I have installed 2
rooms now and working on the 3rd. First 2 rooms were 10x10 and the 3rd is
16x13. It is very user friendly and I am female it did it all alone. I
suggest you have help though, you will need a second pair of hands to do
the handing of tools that you might have forgotten after you have been on
your knees for hours. I really enjoyed doing it.

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

replying to Greg, SHIELA MOORE wrote:
I have some tap tight but it has notbren installed. I am looking for a vendor
who sells it. I am afraid I am a long ways from you in Louisiana. I would
appreciate the information

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ng-522683-.htm