DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool Dryer Experience (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/62899-whirlpool-dryer-experience.html)

Email Invalid May 4th 04 10:44 PM

Whirlpool Dryer Experience

I'm looking to buy a new Whirlpool dryer and found a couple at Lowes
that seem promising:

Whirlpool GEQ9800LW ($437)
Whirlpool GEW9868KQ ($597)

The GEW9868KQ has electronic controls and has the "Senseon"
moisture/temperature sensing system while the GEW9800LW has rotary
controls and uses the older "Accudry" sensing system.

It's not clear to me though that the 9868K will dry any better or any
more efficiently than the 9800L and thus I'm not sure that its worth
an extra $160. Both are 7.4cu ft.

Does anyone have any experience with either one and can advise me as
to which one to get?

Thanks for any help!

(Please send replies here. Email is invalid.)

Q May 5th 04 02:44 AM

Whirlpool Dryer Experience

When it comes to dryers, Whirlpool is a good choice. As a former sears
laundry tech I recommend going with the cheapest unit that has the bells and
whistles you've decided you need. There is no difference in the quality of
the components between the cheapest dryer and the most expensive. Usually
the cheaper and simpler unit will work just as well and last longer than the
more expensive, more complicated unit.

om...