DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Home Water Purifier - Carbon Filter system - Time to Change? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/62536-home-water-purifier-carbon-filter-system-time-change.html)

Terry Gho March 11th 04 04:21 AM

Home Water Purifier - Carbon Filter system - Time to Change?

We have a carbon filter water purifying system at home. The company
which sells us the filters recommend a filter change every 12 months.

There are only 3 people in the house and we only use the water for
drinking water which is about 1.5 - 2 Litres a day.

I know from experience that the carbon filter is *used* when you can
taste the tap water.

Everytime we change our filter, we never reached this point where we
can taste the tap water - would it be safe to continue using the
carbon filter until we can taste the tap water?