Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

MC

Default Pricing on terra cotta barrel roof

Does anybody know how much a standard terra cotta barrel roof costs in
the Southern Florida area? I am looking into buying a house and like
the look. We are talking about replacing an ashpalt shingle roof on a
1000 SQ house and I am looking for just a very ballpark figure. I
live in Chicago and have no clue as to what that type of roof costs.
Travis Jordan

MC wrote:
Does anybody know how much a standard terra cotta barrel roof costs in
the Southern Florida area? I am looking into buying a house and like
the look. We are talking about replacing an ashpalt shingle roof on a
1000 SQ house and I am looking for just a very ballpark figure. I
live in Chicago and have no clue as to what that type of roof costs.

Outside of the high velocity hurricane zone (Broward and Dade County)
plan to pay about $5 / square foot for a reroof with concrete tile in a
terra cotta look.

http://www.monierlifetile.com/showpr...mode=homeowner

Real terra cotta tiles are more expensive and very fragile; almost no
one uses them in residential applications anymore. Note that depending
on the design of the home you may need roof reinforcement
(tiles are very heavy) and that will require a structural engineer
and more money.

In the HVHZ you can add 30% to the price.

Good luck.

Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
Anyone want some heart pine roof decking? woodyq Woodworking 1 March 29th 04 11:25 PM
FLAT ROOF - modern recovering methods? Richard Sterry UK diy 10 March 29th 04 10:28 AM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM