DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which dishwasher brand and model do you recommend ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/61957-dishwasher-brand-model-do-you-recommend.html)

Kamal December 22nd 03 04:05 AM

Which dishwasher brand and model do you recommend ?

My dishwasher has suddenly stopped working and I MAY need to replace
it.

My dishwasher budget is between $250 to $350. From whatever little I
have read, the following brands are good in the following order-

1. Maytag
2. Kenmore
3. Whirlpool

GE is NOT recommended. Bosch and other european models are way too
expensive for me.

Do you think I could get a good dishwasher in my budget or do I need
to increase the budget ? I am looking for simple features like couple
of wash cycles, at least 2 arms, good cleaning etc. I don't need
sensor cleaning and such like bells and whistles.

What are your suggestions in terms of the brand ? And do you have any
particular model in mind ?

Thanks,

Wendy Chatley Green December 22nd 03 12:33 PM

For some inexplicable reasons, (Kamal) wrote:

:My dishwasher budget is between $250 to $350. From whatever little I
:have read, the following brands are good in the following order-
:
:1. Maytag
:2. Kenmore
:3. Whirlpool

I looked at dishwashers yesterday (I'm in Florida).

Home Depot and Lowe's have basic Whirlpool, Maytag, Frigidaire, and
Roper brands for under $350. Lowe's has a Whirlpool for $277
(installation extra.) It had three cycles, hot water wash, and a
delayed start.

The Roper at HD was under $200.

Apsco has a Frigidaire equivalent to the Whirlpool above for $299
installed, which was their least expensive price. They also had a
Whirlpool for that price without installation.

--
Wendy Chatley Green