DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Online / mailorder furniture purchasing... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/61935-online-mailorder-furniture-purchasing.html)

Ken Smith December 17th 03 04:43 PM

Online / mailorder furniture purchasing...

I am considering an online/mailorder purchase
of a fairly high end (Stanley Furniture) dining
room set and was hoping to get some feedback
(good / bad) from others who have done this.

I am considering furniture purchasing.com for my
purchase. I talked to a sales person yesterday on
the phone and he was professional, courteous..etc
and their prices were about 30-40% cheaper
(including the delivery charge) than buying it locally
(San Jose, CA). This company also operates 2
retail furniture stores in Arizona (Freeds and Furniture
For All).

Stanley's warantee seems to valid for this type of purchase. I will have the
right to refuse delivery on
damaged / defective pieces and the delivery includes
setup. The only catch I am concerned with is they
do not take credit cards - which is fine, but I am
concerned about my rights if the delivery doesn't
show up, the order is incorrect, and any other hassles
that purchasing with a credit card helps protect me from...

The savings are very compelling - but is the risk worth
it?? Anyone else bought furniture this way - good/bad
experiences. Anyone else specifically use Furniture
Selling.com???

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!!

Ken