DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A/C & Heater Replacement?? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/61740-c-heater-replacement.html)

Tekkie December 3rd 03 03:18 AM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

CBHvac posted for all of us....

wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:06:01 -0500, "Stormin Mormonn"
wrote:

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor

unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

Or a six pack of Coors for that hack.

I dont think Chrissy drinks anything stronger than Coke...and thats only if
hes washing his temple garb...

With the Coke? Oh coil cleaner (acid)
--
Tekkie

Politicians & diapers are filled with it & both should be changed regularly.

Tekkie December 3rd 03 03:20 AM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

Stormin Mormonn posted for all of us....

If you want to reduce your electric bill

1) Clean the coils, or have them cleaned. Condensor coils for outdoor unit,
and evaporator coils for indoor air handler.
2) Use a rotary compressor instead of a recip
3) Shade trees, white curtains, attic fans, and all that good stuff to
reduce heat load.
4) Shade for outdoor unit
5) Have unit serviced each year
6) Remit 48.50 for advice, please.

To the original poster you're getting hacked here, he gives the biz a bad
name.

Tekkie December 3rd 03 03:21 AM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

CBHvac posted for all of us....

"Stormin Mormonn" wrote in message
Well, not everyone in the world is worthy enough to enter the temple.

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....
Guess what? I wasnt struck dead...but I was struck by the amount of money
you guys waste...more than a Jehovahs Witness... (SINCE we are on the
religion kick here....)
Funny part was, when I was told I could not install the duct system in one
room...but they wanted it cool...I just called the county inspectors office
and suddenly, no more problems....what special things were you guys hiding?
From what I saw...nothing that impressed me one bit.

Didn't see any dead goats or comets laying around?

Tekkie December 3rd 03 03:24 AM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

pjm posted for all of us....

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....

I've been in a Mormon, does that count ? :-)

So you've had your unit in Mormon? Is that like the comet going over?

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com December 3rd 03 03:25 AM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 22:24:02 -0500, Tekkie wrote:

pjm posted for all of us....

Hummm...been in one....installed a unit in one....

I've been in a Mormon, does that count ? :-)

So you've had your unit in Mormon? Is that like the comet going over?

And over ... and over ..... and under ....... and over again
...... :-)

'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints,
ya know ?'

HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online !! http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Free superheat charts for 38 Ref's online at http://pmilligan.net/pmtherm/

Childfree Scott December 3rd 03 04:03 PM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK.

Please keep in mind the furnace is also being used as the air handler
for the AC. I'm thinking the AC may be used a fair amount in a place
like Louisiana. Any chance a newer furnace could reduce the electric
bill?

I didn't think of that. Probably because I think of the blower motor
as a separate piece, even though it's not. I wouldn't worry about the
blower motor breaking. Blower motors are realtively cheap and easy to
replace yourself. I've done it once.

pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com December 3rd 03 04:05 PM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

On 3 Dec 2003 08:03:44 -0800, (Childfree Scott)
wrote:

I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK.

Please keep in mind the furnace is also being used as the air handler
for the AC. I'm thinking the AC may be used a fair amount in a place
like Louisiana. Any chance a newer furnace could reduce the electric
bill?

I didn't think of that. Probably because I think of the blower motor
as a separate piece, even though it's not. I wouldn't worry about the
blower motor breaking. Blower motors are realtively cheap and easy to
replace yourself. I've done it once.

Geez, that entitles you to teach now.

See one, do one, teach one.

CBHvac December 4th 03 12:05 AM

A/C & Heater Replacement??

"Childfree Scott" wrote in message
om...
I would think that a 19 year old furnace in someplace like Louisiania,
where presumably it doesn't get used all that much, would be OK.

Please keep in mind the furnace is also being used as the air handler
for the AC. I'm thinking the AC may be used a fair amount in a place
like Louisiana. Any chance a newer furnace could reduce the electric
bill?

I didn't think of that. Probably because I think of the blower motor
as a separate piece, even though it's not. I wouldn't worry about the
blower motor breaking. Blower motors are realtively cheap and easy to
replace yourself. I've done it once.

Well....thats NOT the point....
You hook a new evap coil, and condensor to a 20 year old unit, and you
basically have a 20 year old system, get it?