DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how to blow out sprinklers for winter (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/61669-how-blow-out-sprinklers-winter.html)

Deb November 13th 03 08:25 PM

how to blow out sprinklers for winter

Our company wants to charge 60 bucks to do it. Is it possible for my
husband to do tihs with a shopvac blower? what do you think?

John Davies November 13th 03 10:27 PM

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:25:48 GMT, "Deb" wrote:

Our company wants to charge 60 bucks to do it. Is it possible for my
husband to do tihs with a shopvac blower? what do you think?

No, not enough air pressure. All volume and not enough psi.

But he could buy a cheap 110 volt air compressor and use that to blow
out the lines. At $60 per season it would pay for itself in a few
years, and it has many other useful functions around the garage.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...=00 915350000

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

Steve Knight November 14th 03 04:05 AM

how to blow out sprinklers for winter

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:25:48 GMT, "Deb" wrote:

Our company wants to charge 60 bucks to do it. Is it possible for my
husband to do tihs with a shopvac blower? what do you think?

does it freeze deep enough to freeze the lines? the best thing was to have a
automatic drain in the line. then it does it it's self.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes