DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   adding a box window to house????? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/61468-adding-box-window-house.html)

Mike72903 October 16th 03 11:34 PM

adding a box window to house?????

Anyone know of a source of pictures/inspiration/ideas/instructions on
building/adding a box window to an existing house? Like a bay window but glass
only on the front and with sides at 90 degrees to the front. I've done a
google search but not much there that I could find. Gone to the local Borgs to
look at available literature/books but nothing there either. I'm replacing
some fixed glass windows with single hung and the wife wants to add a window
seat in the room. Problem is the room is smallish and I don't want to give up
the floor space to build one out into the room. A box window would solve the
problem. I can build it if I could get enough information and ideas so I don't
end up with something that does not look good from the exterior. Don't want
that "obviously added" look. I could also pour the necessary footing for an
extension but a design that hangs off the wall above the ground would be
preferred. Any available books on the subject? My thanks for any
information/pointers. Regards