Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Carol

Default GARAGE DOOR OPENER PROBLEM

I have a 1/2 HP Sears Craftsman garage door opener - older model.
The Homelink button in my car fails to open the door - the direct
wired button in my garage fails to open the door - they had worked
fine and both quit working the same time. The only way to open door
now is to click off and on the POWER to the unit - conversely to click
the POWER off and on to close the door. Little strange !! I fiquired
it has to be bad circuit board which I can buy for $75.00. Any
feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Dr. Doctor

circuit board seems logical. But is it better to put $75.00 into a old unit
to repair where you may find other faults showing up in the near future or
$75.00 towards a new unit and replace it?