Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Leo Shea

Default Bee Nest in Garage

I was in my garage last night when I picked up a mop and discovered a
bunch of bees underneath the mop on the garage floor! It was pretty
dark in that corner of the garage even with the lights on, but I did
see that they looked fairly large.

After I picked up the mop they made a buzzing noise but didn't leave
the floor immediately. 10-15 seconds later one took off at which
point I ran back into the house. I never noticed them in the garage
before, and I have been in the garage a few times lately (I don't park
in the garage).

Any idea what kind of bees these may be? And how safe would it be to
open the garage door at night, spray them with wasp/hornet spray from
15-20 ft. away, then run? They're against the left wall of the garage
close to the garage door.

Thanks,
Leo