DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The government reaches into my bathroom (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/362883-government-reaches-into-my-bathroom.html)

Bert October 11th 13 02:25 PM

The government reaches into my bathroom

Having new windows installed throughout the house, and we were told that
the building code required that the bathroom window have tempered glass.

Now, looking at the new window, I find etched into a corner of each pane

16 CFR 1201 II

Looking that up online I find

16 CFR Part 1201 - SAFETY STANDARD FOR ARCHITECTURAL GLAZING MATERIALS

--
St. Paul, MN

Moe DeLoughan October 15th 13 10:24 PM

On 10/11/2013 8:25 AM, Bert wrote:
Having new windows installed throughout the house, and we were told that
the building code required that the bathroom window have tempered glass.

Now, looking at the new window, I find etched into a corner of each pane

16 CFR 1201 II

Looking that up online I find

16 CFR Part 1201 - SAFETY STANDARD FOR ARCHITECTURAL GLAZING MATERIALS

There's a good discussion on the proper interpretation of that rule at
http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/for...TOPIC_ID=12936