DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sealing Garage Floor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/354238-re-sealing-garage-floor.html)

[email protected] March 19th 13 04:46 PM

Sealing Garage Floor

On Tuesday, April 2, 1996 4:00:00 AM UTC-4, Jim G. wrote:
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone who uses their garage as a workshop for
working on cars or woodworking projects has painted or sealed
the garage floor. The reason I'm asking is, that no matter how
much I sweep the floor, there's always dust and dirt.

So, I'm thinking that if it were painted gray or some lighter color,
it would be a lot easier to keep clean, and small parts that fall
on the floor would be easier to find.

I've heard of epoxy paints for basements, but don't know much about them,
and I don't know if they would work on a surface that gets a lot of abuse
like a garage floor without cracking or breaking up.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any comments.

Jim Gfesser

"It is the mucus that binds us." - Ace Ventura, 'When Nature Calls'

--
.sig .schmig

I realize this post was from some time ago. But incase anyone needs assistance in this area and stumbles upon this thread. These is a very helpful blog articles give great information on the benifits of using epoxy.

http://www.garageenhancements.ca/the...rage-floor.htm

One of the noted qualities is that it is easy to clean!

Robert Neville March 20th 13 01:14 AM

Sealing Garage Floor

wrote:

I realize this post was from some time ago.

1996 a long time ago? Nah... Seems like yesterday.