DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dryer Gasket (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/343788-dryer-gasket.html)

Bob Rahe July 17th 12 03:01 PM

Dryer Gasket

I've got a GE dryer, electric, lots of buttons etc. AND, a door
gasket (the rubber one on the door itself) that is pretty much
disintegrating to a bunch of strings of rubber.

I'd like to replace it but... there doesn't seem to BE a
replacement. They want to sell you the whole inside panel of
the door with the gasket attached. For only ... $66 or more!

Anybody got a place that would sell just gaskets, or a universal
gasket?

Bob

Bert Hyman July 17th 12 03:09 PM

Dryer Gasket

In Bob Rahe
wrote:

I'd like to replace it but... there doesn't seem to BE a
replacement. They want to sell you the whole inside panel of
the door with the gasket attached.

Who are "they?"

Have you tried any local appliance parts shops?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

Bob Rahe July 17th 12 04:36 PM

Dryer Gasket

On 07/17/12 10:09, Bert Hyman wrote:
In Bob Rahe
wrote:

I'd like to replace it but... there doesn't seem to BE a
replacement. They want to sell you the whole inside panel of
the door with the gasket attached.

Who are "they?"

Have you tried any local appliance parts shops?

"They" meaning GE parts, Sears Parts and the various and
sundry parts places on the net.

The local shop, which is usually pretty good, says the
same.... "Hmmm, yeah, looks like you're right - gotta buy
the inner door...."