DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rheem Classic HVAC Condenser - Run Capacitor Replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/318254-rheem-classic-hvac-condenser-run-capacitor-replacement.html)

Paul Michaels February 3rd 11 06:34 PM

Rheem Classic HVAC Condenser - Run Capacitor Replacement

I recently cleaned out the coils on our Rheem Classic condenser and
also took the time to take some pictures of the run capacitor
replacement procedure. I have experience replacing a capacitor on our
last home's GE Mars condenser, so I wanted to check out this one
before I have to actually replace it.

I wrote up a quick how-to to help other owners of Rheem HVAC systems
that may need to replace the capacitor. The biggest symptom of a
faulty capacitor is that the fan and/or compressor won't start. The
fan may also make more noise than usual and run hot.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/R...lacement-Guide

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

-Paul