DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool toploader hit and miss engaging during spin (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/312881-whirlpool-toploader-hit-miss-engaging-during-spin.html)

Doc November 4th 10 02:38 AM

Whirlpool toploader hit and miss engaging during spin

When it gets to the spin portion, sometimes the drum doesn't spin,
though the pumps drain the tub. If I bump the selector knob off and on
it always engages it and it spins fine. Some kind of clutch mechanism
getting hitchy? How big a pain to fix/replace?

Thanks for all input

willshak November 4th 10 12:40 PM

Doc wrote the following:
When it gets to the spin portion, sometimes the drum doesn't spin,
though the pumps drain the tub. If I bump the selector knob off and on
it always engages it and it spins fine. Some kind of clutch mechanism
getting hitchy? How big a pain to fix/replace?

Thanks for all input

Before you tear apart the control panel, check that the lid's cut-off
switch is working properly. Maybe a loose wire or some other problem
with it.
If it's bad, it'll be the easiest and cheapest fix.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Doc November 4th 10 04:43 PM

On Nov 4, 8:40*am, willshak wrote:

Before you tear apart the control panel, check that the lid's cut-off
switch is working properly. Maybe a loose wire or some other problem
with it.
If it's bad, it'll be the easiest and cheapest fix.

I noticed it doesn't seem to do anything. Tub spins with the lid open.

willshak November 4th 10 05:03 PM

Doc wrote the following:
On Nov 4, 8:40 am, willshak wrote:

Before you tear apart the control panel, check that the lid's cut-off
switch is working properly. Maybe a loose wire or some other problem
with it.
If it's bad, it'll be the easiest and cheapest fix.

I noticed it doesn't seem to do anything. Tub spins with the lid open.

It shouldn't spin with the top open (unless you hold the lid button
down). You can open the lid when it is agitating, or the rinse water is
entering, or the water is draining, without shutting off the process,
but when it is spinning, opening the lid should stop the process
immediately.
Leaving the lid open before the spin cycle starts will not allow the
spin cycle to start at all until the lid is closed.