DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Home Water Heater Sediment Flushing Guide (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/312303-home-water-heater-sediment-flushing-guide.html)

Paul Michaels October 26th 10 12:39 AM

Home Water Heater Sediment Flushing Guide

I just got around to finally flushing out the sediment from the bottom
of the three year old water heater in our home. It's a relatively
simple process that should allow the heater to run more efficiently
(save us money on the power bill) and prolong its life by at least a
few years over never doing the procedure. I took pictures and created
a quick guide for any homeowners who may need a bit of assistance.

If you are hearing strange noises coming from your water heater like
popping/cracking/bubbling, you should do this ASAP to avoid having to
replace the unit very soon.

Here's the guide - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/H...Flushing-Guide

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

Cheers,