DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mains power breakers (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/305318-mains-power-breakers.html)

GregS[_3_] June 22nd 10 09:18 PM

Mains power breakers

I was wondering if there is any code preventing more than one wire out of a panel breaker.
The reason is attempting to install a surge surpressor on existing lines.

greg

Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds June 22nd 10 10:39 PM

Mains power breakers

In article ,
(GregS) wrote:

I was wondering if there is any code preventing more than one wire out of a
panel breaker.
The reason is attempting to install a surge surpressor on existing lines.

greg

If you can do it, use a whole house surge supressor that uses an existing slot.

But I would imagine two circuits out of any breaker is not to code

GregS[_3_] June 23rd 10 01:58 PM

Mains power breakers

In article , "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:
In article ,
(GregS) wrote:

I was wondering if there is any code preventing more than one wire out of a
panel breaker.
The reason is attempting to install a surge surpressor on existing lines.

greg

If you can do it, use a whole house surge supressor that uses an existing slot.

But I would imagine two circuits out of any breaker is not to code

I just found out the breaker specs seem to determine how many wires can attach
and what size. That could still violate some codes.

greg

John Weiss[_4_] June 23rd 10 05:13 PM

Mains power breakers

GregS wrote:

I was wondering if there is any code preventing more than one wire
out of a panel breaker. The reason is attempting to install a surge
surpressor on existing lines.

greg

It is against code in Washington state.