DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cookware for smoothtop range? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/298951-cookware-smoothtop-range.html)

Stan Brown March 1st 10 12:32 AM

Cookware for smoothtop range?

I've got a new GE smoothtop range, and the owner's manual says all
the cookware needs to be flat bottomed to make good contact with the
glass cooktop. I've already observed that it takes a *lot* longer to
bring pasta water to a boil in my Revere Ware pot, which has a
slightly rounded bottom.

Any recommendations for good choices for cookware for this type of
range? I'd like it to be nonstick inside and preferably outside.
Since I expect to use it for years, cost is not the first concern,
but I naturally don't want to pay more than I have to.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...

GregS[_3_] March 1st 10 02:24 PM

In article , Stan Brown wrote:
I've got a new GE smoothtop range, and the owner's manual says all
the cookware needs to be flat bottomed to make good contact with the
glass cooktop. I've already observed that it takes a *lot* longer to
bring pasta water to a boil in my Revere Ware pot, which has a
slightly rounded bottom.

Any recommendations for good choices for cookware for this type of
range? I'd like it to be nonstick inside and preferably outside.
Since I expect to use it for years, cost is not the first concern,
but I naturally don't want to pay more than I have to.

Take a ruler to Target or some other store and measure.

greg