DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mildew cleaner recipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/297333-mildew-cleaner-recipe.html)

Ablang January 31st 10 08:20 PM

mildew cleaner recipe

1. Add 1 quart of liquid chlorine bleach to 3 quarts of warm water.

2. Add 1/3 cup of powdered laundry detergent.

3. Mix thoroughly and place in a spray bottle.

4. Spray the mixture onto the mildewed area. Let it sit until the
black mildew turns white. Rinse with fresh water.

Although this mixture is mild, don't forget to wear gloves and eye
protection and make sure the area is well ventilated. Make sure the
detergent you use is ammonia free. Mixing bleach with a solution
containing ammonia can release a dangerous gas harmful to your lungs.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...nd-shower.html

Doug Miller January 31st 10 09:26 PM

mildew cleaner recipe

In article , Ablang wrote:
[snippage]
Haven't seen you around for a while. You still have your old habit, I see, of
contributing nothing original. One thing has changed, though: you seem to have
lost your obsession with Hilary Duff, now that she's an adult.

LDC February 1st 10 06:07 PM

mildew cleaner recipe

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:26:35 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Ablang wrote:
[snippage]
Haven't seen you around for a while. You still have your old habit, I see, of
contributing nothing original. One thing has changed, though: you seem to have
lost your obsession with Hilary Duff, now that she's an adult.

Well put Doug. I thought perhaps I was the only one who remembers
this useless poster. Ablang likes to ignore copyright law and never
post anything of his own. He is (was?) an employee of CalTrans in
Sacramento. I wonder if his work there is as useless and unoriginal
as his posts?

Doug Miller February 1st 10 06:27 PM

mildew cleaner recipe

In article , LDC wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:26:35 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article

, Ablang
wrote:
[snippage]
Haven't seen you around for a while. You still have your old habit, I see, of
contributing nothing original. One thing has changed, though: you seem to have
lost your obsession with Hilary Duff, now that she's an adult.

Well put Doug. I thought perhaps I was the only one who remembers
this useless poster. Ablang likes to ignore copyright law and never
post anything of his own.

Originally, he did it as a way of expressing his unhealthy obsession with
Hilary Duff. The frequency of his posts dropped off dramatically a few years
ago, right around the time she turned 18. I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen
posts in which he signs himself "Ablang-Cyrus"...

He is (was?) an employee of CalTrans in
Sacramento. I wonder if his work there is as useless and unoriginal
as his posts?

Probably. I mean, how much originality can there be in driving a bus?

LDC February 3rd 10 04:28 AM

mildew cleaner recipe

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:27:55 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

He is (was?) an employee of CalTrans in
Sacramento. I wonder if his work there is as useless and unoriginal
as his posts?

Probably. I mean, how much originality can there be in driving a bus?

CalTrans = bus driver? I don't think so.

Doug Miller February 3rd 10 12:53 PM

mildew cleaner recipe

wrote:

He is (was?) an employee of CalTrans in
Sacramento. I wonder if his work there is as useless and unoriginal
as his posts?

Probably. I mean, how much originality can there be in driving a bus?

CalTrans = bus driver? I don't think so.

Sorry, I'm not from Kalifornia -- I assumed that was a mass-transit operation.
No?

LDC February 4th 10 02:01 AM

mildew cleaner recipe

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 12:53:01 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

CalTrans = bus driver? I don't think so.

Sorry, I'm not from Kalifornia

You have no idea of what you are missing Doug! :-(

-- I assumed that was a mass-transit operation. No?

Before the fad of concatinating truncated words it was the
California Department of Transportion. In most places it would be
called the Highway Department. If you think about it, it's more
frightening that Ablang works for them instead of a bus company!

Doug Miller February 4th 10 02:40 AM

mildew cleaner recipe

wrote:

CalTrans = bus driver? I don't think so.

Sorry, I'm not from Kalifornia

You have no idea of what you are missing Doug! :-(

Yes, I do. I've been there -- beautiful state, but waaaaaaaay too many nutty
people there.

-- I assumed that was a mass-transit operation. No?

Before the fad of concatinating truncated words it was the
California Department of Transportion. In most places it would be
called the Highway Department. If you think about it, it's more
frightening that Ablang works for them instead of a bus company!

Too true.