DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CFL Longevity (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/295932-cfl-longevity.html)

[email protected] January 11th 10 10:42 AM

CFL Longevity

First failure in 7 years. Master bath vanity lighting.

Bob F January 12th 10 01:40 AM

CFL Longevity

wrote:
First failure in 7 years. Master bath vanity lighting.

FWIW, writing the install date on the bulb base with a sharpe when you install
it helps keep track of life.

terrable January 13th 10 03:18 AM

CFL Longevity

wrote in message
First failure in 7 years. Master bath vanity lighting.

Please tell us the brand name and wattage.

I have GE 15 watt CFLs that have lasted 7 years in my master bathroom and
FEIT junk 13 watt CFLs that don't last a year in my kitchen.

The damn FEIT junk CFL bulbs all burn up when they die. Lucky for me that
they can't start a fire in my kitchen light fixture.