DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   timer that presses a button (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/292275-timer-presses-button.html)

Dan Christensen November 21st 09 06:38 PM

timer that presses a button

Is anyone aware of a timer I could buy which can press a button on a
certain schedule, e.g. at 10 am and 3 pm each day? I'd like to use such
a device to turn a basement dehumidifier on and off, since I don't like
the noise it makes when I run it all of the time.

The particular dehumidifier I have has electronic controls, so if I use
a traditional timer that switches the power off and on, the dehumidifer
stays off when the power returns.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan

Shawn Hirn November 22nd 09 02:23 PM

timer that presses a button

In article , Dan Christensen wrote:

Is anyone aware of a timer I could buy which can press a button on a
certain schedule, e.g. at 10 am and 3 pm each day? I'd like to use such
a device to turn a basement dehumidifier on and off, since I don't like
the noise it makes when I run it all of the time.

The particular dehumidifier I have has electronic controls, so if I use
a traditional timer that switches the power off and on, the dehumidifer
stays off when the power returns.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan

Not off hand. Perhaps you can insulate your dehumidifier in order to
muffle its noise.

Bill[_9_] November 22nd 09 04:54 PM

timer that presses a button

"Dan Christensen" wrote in message
Is anyone aware of a timer I could buy which can press a button on a
certain schedule, e.g. at 10 am and 3 pm each day? I'd like to use such
a device to turn a basement dehumidifier on and off, since I don't like
the noise it makes when I run it all of the time.

The particular dehumidifier I have has electronic controls, so if I use
a traditional timer that switches the power off and on, the dehumidifer
stays off when the power returns.

I suggest you find an electronic repair type person (TV, Computer repair,
etc.) and see if they can modify your dehumidifier so it is always on. (And
then could be controlled by a regular timer.)

Or they might be able to wire a regular timer into the push button switch.