DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leaf Blower as Snow Blower (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/228858-leaf-blower-snow-blower.html)

[email protected] January 6th 08 07:25 PM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

Anyone ever try using a powerful leaf blower to blow snow off, for
example, decks and patios? Successful? schwabbie28

Speedy Jim[_2_] January 6th 08 08:18 PM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

wrote:
Anyone ever try using a powerful leaf blower to blow snow off, for
example, decks and patios? Successful? schwabbie28

HaHa!
Yes, I used an electric one on a roof with deep snow!
It works well if the snow is light and fluffy.
Not so good with wet snow :-(
The stuff blows *everywhere* though.

Also used it to blow cellulose insulation
into a few walls.

Jim

Ellen January 6th 08 08:26 PM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

My battery operated Black and Decker does a decent job. However, you have
to be creative because if you step on the snow, it isn't blowing anywhere.

Ellen

Bert Hyman January 6th 08 09:02 PM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

In

wrote:

Anyone ever try using a powerful leaf blower to blow snow off, for
example, decks and patios? Successful? schwabbie28

If there's so little snow, and it's so light you could move it with a
leaf blower, you'd be a lot better off with a broom or, dare I say it, a
shovel.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

aemeijers January 6th 08 11:50 PM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

Bert Hyman wrote:
In

wrote:

Anyone ever try using a powerful leaf blower to blow snow off, for
example, decks and patios? Successful? schwabbie28

If there's so little snow, and it's so light you could move it with a
leaf blower, you'd be a lot better off with a broom or, dare I say it, a
shovel.

Nah, a broom just grinds it into the pavement. I've had great luck using
my electric leaf blower on snow, although it probably ****es off the
neighbors when I do it before work, the better to avoid those 2 stripes
of ice if I drive over the snow. (I have a sloped driveway, so any ice
at all, and I can't get back up the thing in the afternoon.)

As others have said, doesn't work too well on wet or deep snow, but if
it is just 2-3 inches and fluffy, works great, and I stay clean, dry,
and non-sweaty.

aem sends...

KLS January 7th 08 03:42 AM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:50:31 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

As others have said, doesn't work too well on wet or deep snow, but if
it is just 2-3 inches and fluffy, works great, and I stay clean, dry,
and non-sweaty.

I'm sure your co-workers appreciate your cleanth and dryness even if
your neighbors don't. :)

WDS January 8th 08 01:42 AM

Leaf Blower as Snow Blower

On Jan 6, 3:02 pm, Bert Hyman wrote:

wrote:
Anyone ever try using a powerful leaf blower to blow snow off, for
example, decks and patios? Successful? schwabbie28

If there's so little snow, and it's so light you could move it with a
leaf blower, you'd be a lot better off with a broom or, dare I say it, a
shovel.

Actually Bert the blower works really well on dry snow. I discovered
that when blowing the sand out of my garage one winter and saw how it
completely removed the snow outside the door. I'd not use it on the
whole driveway but it works great for small areas.