DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Knotty pine panelling (https://www.diybanter.com/home-ownership/226179-knotty-pine-panelling.html)

[email protected] December 15th 07 12:43 AM

Knotty pine panelling

I have about 100 1x6 8 foot long boards of distressed Knotty Pine
Panelling and about 50 1x6 4 foot long boards from a Remodel job. I
believe the paneling is from the 50's.

I would like to see this panelling re-used rather than see it go to a
landfill. Is there anywhere that it can be sold or donated?

I live in the Boston area.

Any ideas would be appreciated, Jack McCarthy

Mike Paulsen December 15th 07 03:07 AM

Knotty pine panelling

http://craigslist.org
http://freecycle.org
http://www.habitatboston.org/materials_in_need.html

[email protected] December 15th 07 11:39 PM

Knotty pine panelling

On Dec 14, 4:43 pm, wrote:
I have about 100 1x6 8 foot long boards of distressed Knotty Pine
Panelling and about 50 1x6 4 foot long boards from a Remodel job. I
believe the paneling is from the 50's.

I would like to see this panelling re-used rather than see it go to a
landfill. Is there anywhere that it can be sold or donated?

I live in the Boston area.

Any ideas would be appreciated, Jack McCarthy

Is there a company like this in your area: http://www.rejuvenation.com/index.html?ipb=GA2001

They pay top dollar for salvaged materials...

krw[_2_] December 16th 07 06:09 PM

Knotty pine panelling

In article 850b69d2-cdaf-48fd-89d8-a194e1331525
@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com, misc.consumers.house,
says...
I have about 100 1x6 8 foot long boards of distressed Knotty Pine
Panelling and about 50 1x6 4 foot long boards from a Remodel job. I
believe the paneling is from the 50's.

I would like to see this panelling re-used rather than see it go to a
landfill. Is there anywhere that it can be sold or donated?

I live in the Boston area.

Any ideas would be appreciated, Jack McCarthy

Whatever you do, don't dump it. I had to get rid of a couple of
hundred bf of oak paneling before we moved. It was at the dump
perhaps an hour before someone grabbed it, even though it wasn't in
great condition (left overs). I likely could have gotten something
out of it if I had time to try. I lived a couple hundred miles NW
of bean-town, not exactly in a population center.

--
Keith